Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back Home Again In Indiana! :)

For the fourth of July this year, we all traveled to Indiana to be with Matt and Kristen! It was the first time, in my recent memory that we got to spend the holiday with Matt! We all piled in the car Thursday night, and drove the 8 hours to Valpo. Jack did fantastic, and slept most of the time. There were a few times while I was driving that I heard the all too familiar sound of the bird toy on his carseat being tugged at, but he never really cried. He was an awesome traveler!

While we were in Valpo, we not only got to see Matt and Kristen, but most everyone from Busco drove up for a BBQ at Matt's Golf Course! It was great to see everyone and it was so much fun having them all meet Jack. He was his happy little self the whole time, and I think they all loved him. While my mom and her sisters sat around chatting, and Jack supposedly napped (I think Grandma never put him down! :) ) Jess Gavin and I went out on the golf course with the guys. It was a lot of fun to be out there with them, cruising around on the golf carts! I had never done that before.

We also got to visit some old haunts while we were there. We went to Schoops, for quite possibly the best burgers and milk shakes ever, El Salto for the most amazing quesidillas, and Blythes, just to check out the local sports apparel. We also got to go play at ValPLAYso, which was a brand new playground when we lived there in the mid nineties. It was as much fun, if not more, as I remember it. Jack loved the swings and playing in the sand! I can't believe he's old enough to enjoy that kind of thing! We also went to the Albanese Candy Factory (YUM!) and the boys got to swim in a new baby pool Grandma bought on Sunday before we drove home.

We had all kinds of fun in Indiana and I was so grateful for the weekend away! I can't wait to go back in November for Holly's wedding!

I will post all kinds of pictures later, but for now it's time for bed! :) Here is just a taste of what the trip was like! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment